BITTERROOT PUBLIC LIBRARY
BOARD OF TRUSTEES
August 18, 2016
OPENING – 9:00 a.m.
- Chair Bruce called the meeting to order at 9:05 a.m.
Trustees present: Nikki McConnell, Bruce Weide, Brittany McKenzie and Carole Olson.
Staff present: Mark Wetherington, Library Director.
- Adoption of the agenda. The agenda was adopted as presented.
- Public Comment: No members of the public were present to comment.
- Minutes of the previous meeting. (ACTION) Nikki made a motion to accept the previous minutes, Carole seconded, approved unanimously.
- Claims for approval. (ACTION) Carole moved to approve the August claims as presented, Brittany seconded the motion, approved unanimously.
The cash balance, expenditures and revenue for the fiscal year through the end of July were reviewed.
The director presented basic statistics (circulation, programming, etc.) related to the library’s operations in July. The director also noted completed maintenance of trees in the boulevard, options for continuing access to databases through a direct contract with EBSCO, the upcoming roof extension project, the conversion of the library’s website software to WordPress, and options for installing acoustic panels to mitigate some of the issues with sound in the library.
The need to fill the vacant trustee position was discussed. Advertisements will be posted in the library and applications accepted for two weeks.
Final FY16-17 Budget Approval
The FY16-17 budget was discussed and approved. Nikki McConnell made the motion for approval, Carole Olson seconded.
Sick Leave Donation Policy Revision
The library’s sick leave donation policy was revised so that the minimum amount of hours required of an employee after a donation is made is 40 hours. This is consistent with the sick leave donation policy of the City of Hamilton.
Bitterroot Public Library Emergency Policies and Procedures A policies and procedures manual for emergencies was reviewed and approved. Carole Olson made the motion for approval, Nikki McConnell seconded the motion.
- Next Meeting Date
- The next meeting of the library board is scheduled for September 15, 2016 at 9 a.m. in the library.