BITTERROOT PUBLIC LIBRARY
BOARD OF TRUSTEES
December 15, 2016
OPENING – 9:00 a.m.
- Chair Bruce called the meeting to order at 9:05 a.m.
Trustees present: Nikki McConnell, Bruce Weide, Brittany McKenzie, Bob Ratcheson and Carole Olson.
Staff present: Mark Wetherington, Library Director.
- Adoption of the agenda. The agenda was adopted as presented.
- Public Comment: No members of the public were present to comment.
- Minutes of the previous meeting. (ACTION) Nikki made a motion to accept the previous minutes, Brittany seconded, approved unanimously.
- Claims for approval. (ACTION) Carole moved to approve the December claims as presented, Nikki seconded the motion, approved unanimously.
The cash balance, expenditures and revenue for the fiscal year through the end of November were reviewed.
The director presented basic statistics (circulation, programming, etc.) related to the library’s operations in November. The director discussed the completion of the library’s enrollment in employee health insurance coverage through the Small Business Health Options Program (SHOP, a part of the Affordable Care Act), the completion of the Annual Financial Report, the 2016 Public Library Statistics, the voluntary trustee certification program through the Montana State Library, and it was noted that Bruce’s term will be ending on June 30, 2017.
During the discussion of the 2016 Public Library Statistics, the library’s long-range fiscal situation was discussed along with various library services (such as Interlibrary Loan). Further discussion on this topic was tabled until the January 12, 2017 meeting.
Discussion of trustee recruitment and trustee certification occurred.
Discussion of updating director’s evaluation
The board discussed the director’s performance and revising the process to allow for staff input. The director’s evaluation will be conducted in January. A form allowing for staff input will be drafted and provided to staff in early January.
Next Meeting Date
The next meeting of the library board is scheduled for Thursday, January 12, 2017 at 9 a.m. in the library to discuss the library’s long-range budget and financing. There will also be a regular meeting on Thursday, January 19, 2017 at 9 a.m. in the library