BITTERROOT PUBLIC LIBRARY
BOARD OF TRUSTEES
July 21, 2016
OPENING – 9:00 a.m.
- Chair Bruce called the meeting to order at 9:00 a.m.
Trustees present: Nikki McConnell, Bruce Weide, Rick Fuhrman and Carole Olson.
Staff present: Mark Wetherington, Library Director.
- Adoption of the agenda. The agenda was approved unanimously.
- Public Comment: No members of the public were present to comment.
- Minutes of the previous meeting. (ACTION) Carole made a motion to accept the previous minutes, Nikki seconded, approved unanimously.
- Claims for approval. (ACTION) Rick moved to approve the June claims as presented, Nikki seconded the motion, approved unanimously.
The cash balance, expenditures and revenue for the fiscal year 2015-2016 were reviewed.
The director presented basic statistics (circulation, programming, etc.) related to the library’s operations in June. The director also discussed necessary maintenance of trees in the boulevard, noted that the library did not require an audit for FY16 because revenue did not exceed $500,000, and discussed the drafting of a safety procedure manual for the library.
No trustee business was discussed.
Officer Elections and Appointments
Bruce was re-elected as chair. Nikki was elected as vice-chair.
Rick Fuhrman made a motion to appoint Brittany McKenzie as a trustee (filling the vacancy created by the end of Warren’s term), Carole seconded the motion, approved unanimously.
FY16-17 Budget Discussion
The FY16-17 budget was discussed. No changes were made, with Rick making a motion to affirm the draft budget, Nikki seconding, approved unanimously.
- Next Meeting Date