BITTERROOT PUBLIC LIBRARY
BOARD OF TRUSTEES
January 19, 2017[approved February 23, 2017]
OPENING – 9:00 a.m.
- Chair Bruce called the meeting to order at 9:10 a.m.
Trustees present: Nikki McConnell, Bruce Weide, Brittany McKenzie (arrived approximately 9:25 a.m.), Bob Ratcheson and Carole Olson (Carole left approximately 12:30 p.m.).
Staff present: Mark Wetherington, Library Director.
- Adoption of the agenda. The agenda was adopted as presented.
- Public Comment: No members of the public were present to comment. Joni Lodmell, Paul Stone and Fritz Tossberg of the Bitterroot Public Library Foundation attended the meeting and Vivian Yang of the Friends of the Library attended the meeting as well.
- Minutes of the previous meeting. (ACTION) Bob made a motion to accept the previous minutes, Nikki seconded, approved unanimously.
- Claims for approval. (ACTION) Bob moved to approve the January claims as presented, Nikki seconded the motion, approved unanimously.
The finances and budget of the library were reviewed at the prior meeting (January 12, 2017) and since no major changes occurred the finances were not reviewed at this meeting.
The director presented basic statistics (circulation, programming, etc.) related to the library’s operations in December. The director briefly discussed strategic planning, a new slatwall display, a malware attack on the library’s computer network, and library events.
Discussion of trustee recruitment and trustee certification occurred.
- Strategic Planning
Lauren McMullen of the Montana State Library presented a session on strategic planning. Lauren helped the library board review its current strategic plan and discussed the pre-planning and planning processes for a future strategic plan.
The director’s evaluation was conducted by the library board with accomplishments noted and areas for growth discussed.
Next Meeting Date
The next meeting of the library board is scheduled for Thursday, February 23, 2017 at 9 a.m. in the meeting room of the library.