BITTERROOT PUBLIC LIBRARY
BOARD OF TRUSTEES
February 23, 2017[approved March 16, 2017]
OPENING – 9:00 a.m.
- Chair Bruce called the meeting to order at 9:05 a.m.
Trustees present: Nikki McConnell, Bruce Weide, Brittany McKenzie, and Bob Ratcheson. Carole Olson was absent.
Staff present: Mark Wetherington, Library Director.
- Adoption of the agenda. The agenda was adopted as presented.
- Public Comment: No members of the public were present to comment.
- Minutes of the previous meeting. (ACTION) Brittany made a motion to accept the previous minutes, Bob seconded, approved unanimously.
- Claims for approval. (ACTION) Bob moved to approve the February claims as presented, Nikki seconded the motion, approved unanimously.
The cash balance, expenditures and revenue for the fiscal year through the end of January were reviewed.
The director presented basic statistics (circulation, programming, etc.) related to the library’s operations in January. The director briefly discussed an investment opportunity for library funds recommended by the city finance officer, wi-fi infrastructure upgrades, ongoing projects, and library events.
Discussion of trustee recruitment occurred with the goal of having a trustee appointed and attending meetings as a guest by May agreed upon.
It was also decided that representatives of the Bitterroot Public Library Foundation should be invited to the March meeting for a discussion of the library’s projected budget for the upcoming fiscal year.
Community Room Policy Revision
Proposed revisions to the library’s community room policy were reviewed and discussed. Nikki made a motion to approve the proposed revision, Brittany seconded the motion, approved unanimously.
Next Meeting Date
The next meeting of the library board is scheduled for Thursday, March 16, 2017 at 9 a.m. in the meeting room of the library.