BITTERROOT PUBLIC LIBRARY
BOARD OF TRUSTEES
October 27, 2016[approved November 20, 2016]
OPENING – 9:00 a.m.
- Chair Bruce called the meeting to order at 9:05 a.m.
Trustees present: Nikki McConnell, Bruce Weide, Brittany McKenzie. Bob Ratcheson and Carole Olson were absent.
Staff present: Mark Wetherington, Library Director.
- Adoption of the agenda. The agenda was adopted as presented.
- Public Comment: No members of the public were present to comment.
- Minutes of the previous meeting. (ACTION) Brittany made a motion to accept the previous minutes, Nikki seconded, approved unanimously.
- Claims for approval. (ACTION) Nikki moved to approve the October claims as presented, Brittany seconded the motion, approved unanimously.
The cash balance, expenditures and revenue for the fiscal year through the end of September were reviewed.
The director presented basic statistics (circulation, programming, etc.) related to the library’s operations in September. The director also noted completion of the ramp over the roof, the Tamarack Federation Conference Call, a visit at the November meeting by a Montana State Library consultant, the upcoming 2016 Fund Drive, HVAC/thermostat preventative maintenance, and anticipated health insurance premium increases.
Discussion of appointments to the finance committee began, but was moved to discussion under “New Business.”
Finance Committee Appointments
Nikki volunteered and Bob will be contacted to see if he is interested and available to serve the board in this capacity.
Strategic Plan Review
The 2013-2017 was reviewed by the library and its progress was discussed.
Volunteer Holiday Party (early closing of the library on December 5th)
Nikki made a motion to close the library at 5 p.m. on Monday, December 5th, for the annual volunteer holiday party. Brittany seconded the motion, approved unanimously.
Holiday Closing Approvals
Brittany made a motion for the library to close at 3 p.m. on November 23rd, December 24th, and December 31st and observe the holidays observed by the City of Hamilton.
- Next Meeting Date
- The next meeting of the library board is scheduled for November 20, 2016 at 9 a.m. in the library.