BITTERROOT PUBLIC LIBRARY
BOARD OF TRUSTEES
December 15, 2015
OPENING – 9:00 a.m.
• Board chair Bruce called the meeting to order at 9:05 a.m.
Trustees present: Rick Fuhrman, Warren Neyenhuis., Nikki McConnell and Bruce Weide. Carole Olson was absent.
Staff present: Mark Wetherington, Library Director.
• Adoption of the agenda. The agenda was approved unanimously.
• Public Comment: No members of the public were present to comment.
• Minutes of the previous meeting. (ACTION) Nikki made a motion to accept the previous minutes, Warren seconded, approved unanimously.
• Claims for approval. (ACTION) Warren moved to approve the November claims as presented, Rick seconded the motion, approved unanimously.
The cash balance, expenditures and revenue for the year-to-date were reviewed.
The director presented basic statistics (circulation, programming, etc.) related to the library’s operations in November. The director also discussed plans for the library’s centennial, the reserve fund process, the website, and issues with the library’s heating and cooling system.
The trustees presented the director’s evaluation; accomplishments were noted and areas of improvement were suggested.
The lift project and covering of the current ramp were discussed. Rick Fuhrman made a motion for the library to explore with Schlechten and Associates, Architects the construction of a roof over the ramp as part of an effort to mitigate winter weather issues related to the ramp. The drafting of a binder to place in the library’s reference section with information about the project and the opportunity for public comment (an item approved during lift discussion at the previous meeting) was also discussed.
Nikki made a motion to adopt a resolution approving the library contracting for a separate PERS account from the city per the city’s request. Rick Fuhrman seconded the motion. Motion approved unanimously.
• Next Meeting Date
The next meeting of the library board is scheduled for Thursday, January 21, 2016 at 9 a.m. Meeting adjourned by Bruce.