BITTERROOT PUBLIC LIBRARY
BOARD OF TRUSTEES
November 19, 2015
OPENING – 9:00 a.m.
• Board chair Bruce called the meeting to order at 9:05 a.m.
Trustees present: Carole Olson, Warren Neyenhuis., Nikki McConnell and Bruce Weide. Rick Fuhrman was absent.
Staff present: Mark Wetherington, Library Director.
• Adoption of the agenda. The agenda was approved unanimously.
• Public Comment: No members of the public were present to comment.
• Minutes of the previous meeting. (ACTION) Warren made a motion to accept the previous minutes, approved unanimously.
• Claims for approval. (ACTION) Nikki moved to approve the November claims as presented, Warren seconded the motion, approved unanimously.
The cash balance, expenditures and revenue for the year-to-date were reviewed.
The director presented basic statistics (circulation, programming, etc.) related to the library’s operations in October. The director also discussed the 2015 statistics submitted to the state library, a mold inspection that determined no harmful mold was present, his recent appointment to the Montana Shared Catalog Executive Committee, and plans for the library’s centennial.
The lift project and covering of the current ramp were discussed and options narrowed down. Warren made a motion for the director to draft a form to solicit public input regarding the project. This motion was approved unanimously. Additional discussion was tabled until the next meeting.
Reserve Fund Establishment
Warren made a motion to adopt a resolution establishing a reserve fund for the library; motion approved unanimously.
Nikki made a motion to adopt a resolution approving the library contracting for a separate PERS account from the city per the city’s request. Motion approved unanimously.
• Next Meeting Date
The next meeting of the library board is scheduled for Tuesday, December 15th, 2015 at 9 a.m. Meeting adjourned by Bruce.