BITTERROOT PUBLIC LIBRARY
BOARD OF TRUSTEES
June 16, 2016
OPENING – 9:00 a.m.
• Chair Bruce called the meeting to order at 9:05 a.m.
Trustees present: Warren Neyenhuis, Nikki McConnell, and Bruce Weide. Rick Fuhrman and Carole Olson were absent.
Staff present: Mark Wetherington, Library Director.
• Adoption of the agenda. The agenda was approved unanimously.
• Public Comment: Lauren McMullen, Montana State Library regional consultant, was present as a guest.
• Minutes of the previous meeting. (ACTION) Nikki made a motion to accept the previous minutes, Warren seconded, approved unanimously.
• Claims for approval. (ACTION) Warren moved to approve the June claims as presented, Nikki seconded the motion, approved unanimously.
The cash balance, expenditures and revenue for the year-to-date were reviewed. Discussion occurred about amendments necessary to not exceed fund totals. Projected expenditures in June and available appropriations in Fund 1 did not appear to require any amendments. Projected expenditures in June in Fund 2 showed that an additional $1,302.92 would need to be appropriated; review of cash-on-hand showed that funds were available for this additional appropriation.
The director presented basic statistics (circulation, programming, etc.) related to the library’s operations in May. The director also discussed necessary maintenance of trees in the boulevard, the loss of EBSCO databases due to state funding cuts, and the Tamarack Federation meeting.
Warren noted that this was his last meeting as a trustee and expressed his joy at having served and his regrets that his term was ending.
FY15-16 Budget Amendments
The FY15-16 budget was reviewed and the need for additional appropriations in Fund 2 in the amount of $1,302.92 were noted. Nikki made a motion to approve additional appropriations in Fund 2 in the amount noted for the appropriate line items, Warren seconded the motion. Approved unanimously.
FY16-17 Budget Discussion
This item was tabled until the special meeting on June 23.
• Next Meeting Date
The next meeting of the library board is scheduled for June 23rd, 2016 at 9 a.m. in the library.