BITTERROOT PUBLIC LIBRARY
BOARD OF TRUSTEES
March 10, 2016
Approved April, 28 2016
OPENING – 9:00 a.m.
• Vice-chair Warren called the meeting to order at 9:10 a.m.
Trustees present: Rick Fuhrman, Warren Neyenhuis, and Nikki McConnell. Carole Olson and Bruce Weide were absent.
Staff present: Mark Wetherington, Library Director.
• Adoption of the agenda. The agenda was approved unanimously.
• Public Comment: No members of the public were present to comment.
• Minutes of the previous meeting. (ACTION) Nikki made a motion to accept the previous minutes, Rick seconded, approved unanimously.
• Claims for approval. (ACTION) Rick moved to approve the March claims as presented, Nikki seconded the motion, approved unanimously.
The cash balance, expenditures and revenue for the year-to-date were reviewed. Budget requirements and processes for amending the budget were reviewed and discussed.
The director presented basic statistics (circulation, programming, etc.) related to the library’s operations in February. The director also discussed the library’s audit, building projects, weeding, the library’s website, and health insurance.
Nikki noted that she would be absent for much of the month of April
Proposed FY15-16 Budget Amendments
A motion was made to amend the FY15-16 budget by appropriating $5,642.50 in Fund 2 in the line item of “Dues” for payment to the Bitterroot Public Library Foundation for their share of the 2015 Fall Fund Drive and to add an additional appropriation from accrued general donation funds of $9,000 to the “Repair and Maintenance Services” line item for heating/cooling system upgrades and other building repair projects. Rick made the motion, Nikki seconded, approved unanimously.
Library Closure for MLA Conference
Rick made a motion to close the library on Thursday, April 7th, and Friday, April 8th, to allow for staff to attend the Montana Library Association Conference. Nikki seconded the motion, approved unanimously.
Job Description Review
The job description for substitute library assistants was reviewed and a revised version approved. Rick made the motion, Nikki seconded, approved unanimously.
• Next Meeting Date
The next meeting of the library board will be determined once a quorum can be arranged.