OPENING – 9:00 a.m.
• Board chair Bruce Weide called the meeting to order at 9:00 a.m.
Trustees present: Nikki McConnell, Carole Olson, Rick Fuhrman and Warren Neyenhuis. Rick and Bruce left at 9:55 and 10:15, respectively.
Staff present: Mark Wetherington, Library Director.
• Adoption of the agenda. The agenda was adopted as presented to the board.
• Public Comment: No members of the public were present to comment.
• Minutes of the previous meeting. (ACTION) Nikki McConnell made a motion to accept the minutes of the previous meeting, approved unanimously.
• Claims for approval. (ACTION) Warren Neyenhuis moved to approve the April claims as presented, Rick Fuhrman seconded, approved unanimously.
Nikki, Warren, Rick and Mark had a finance committee meeting to discuss the month’s expenses on May 14th at 8:30 a.m. and to review the claims for approval.
The director presented basic statistics (circulation, programming, etc.) related to the library’s operations in April. The director also discussed the recent presentation to the county commissioners, the upcoming Tamarack Federation meeting, the Summer Leadership Institute in July, iPads and the wireless printer, and the summer reading programs for children and adults.
Nikki and Rick commented on the positive reception of the library’s presentation to the Ravalli County commissioners. Nikki also provided information about trustee appointments and term dates.
There was no unfinished business to discuss.
Fiscal Year 2015-2016 preliminary budget discussion
The FY2015-2016 budget was discussed in general and known increases or decreases in various expense and revenue categories were discussed. Discussion of reserve funds, audit requirements, and other related issues occurred. No motions were made.
• Next Meeting Date
The next meeting of the library board is scheduled for June 18, 2015 at 9 a.m. Meeting adjourned by vice-chair Warren.