• Chair Bob called the meeting to order at 9:05 am.
Trustees present: Bob Brophy, Ellyn Jones, Warren Neyenhuis, Carole Olson, Bruce Weide
Staff present: Trista Smith, Library Director
• Adoption of the agenda. (ACTION)
Warren moved to adopt the agenda as written. Approved unanimously.
• Public comment: None.
• Minutes of the previous meeting approval. (ACTION)
Bruce moved to approve the minutes of the January 2012 meeting. Approved unanimously.
• Claims for February approval. (ACTION)
Ellyn moved to approve the February claims as presented. Approved unanimously.
Trista reviewed the City January Trial Balance and the BYTD of both funds.
• Foundation. There will be a foundation board meeting on Monday, February 27th.
Trista asked if there would be any scheduling conflicts with changing the date of the May board meeting from May 17th to May 24th. It was decided that a quorum would be present and the date has been changed. Trista discussed the Web on Wheels branch of the Missoula Public Library and the library’s partnering with them. Nansu, the adult services librarian, has created some great, successful programs for Tech Therapy Month. On this upcoming Monday, the library will be upgrading their phone system and also updating the website. There may be some down time for the website. Joan, a Library Assistant, will be resigning as of February 21st. The library will not be replacing her, but instead, will increase two staff members’ hours. Our medical insurance comes up for renewal this month. Trista will be looking into all options and reporting back to the board. In the meantime, a plan with slightly less coverage and a 2% cost increase will be in place. One of our teen volunteers will be interning at the library this semester. Trista attended a LSTA focus group in Missoula and found the session to be very productive.
Warren discussed the Tamarack Federation’s request for ideas about ways in which they should spend the money they receive.
UNFINISHED BUSINESS—10:00 AM
NEW BUSINESS—10:15 AM
• Summary of Library Law session that was presented by Tracy Cook on January 25th at the Darby Library. Trista presented a very condensed slide show of the presentation given by Tracy Cook.
• The next regular meeting will be March 15, 2012 at 9:00 AM in the library.
• Meeting adjourned.