• Chair Bob called the meeting to order at 9:05 am.
Trustees present: Bob Brophy, Warren Neyenhuis, Carole Olson, Bruce Weide
Staff present: Trista Smith, Library Director
• Adoption of the agenda. (ACTION)
Warren moved to adopt the agenda as written. Approved unanimously.
• Public comment: None.
• Minutes of the previous meeting approval. (ACTION)
Carole moved to approve the minutes of the December 2011 meeting. Approved unanimously.
• Claims for January approval. (ACTION)
Bruce moved to approve the January claims as presented. Approved unanimously.
Trista reviewed the City December Trial Balance and the BYTD of both funds.
• Foundation. None.
Trista went over some collections in the library being moved. She informed the board of a Library Law seminar at the Darby Library on January 25th at 10 am. NorthWestern Energy provided a grant for more computers. Sally will be one of three libraries in the nation piloting the “Discover Earth” module. Temp Right has agreed to troubleshoot the motor for the air handler on the boiler system. Trista did presentations at the Kiwanis meeting and the Tourism Committee (which was hosted at the library). Trista suggested that an audit be performed at the end of this fiscal year for her education. She also enrolled in a class on Quickbooks to help with managing the budget. She updated the board on our Fall Fund Drive totals.
• Trustees. None.
UNFINISHED BUSINESS—10:00 AM
NEW BUSINESS—10:15 AM
• Director’s Evaluation. Each board member turned in an evaluation of the Library Director. Bob read a summary of the evaluations.
• The next regular meeting will be February 16th, 2012 at 9:00 AM in the library.
• Meeting adjourned.