• Chair Bob called the meeting to order at 9:06 am.
Trustees present: Bob Brophy, Ellyn Jones, Warren Neyenhuis, Carole Olson, Bruce Weide
Staff present: Trista Smith, Library Director
• Adoption of the agenda. (ACTION)
Bruce moved to adopt the agenda. Approved unanimously.
• Public comment: Doug Snyder, Rick Fuhrman and Paula Prescott attended the meeting as prospective board members. Each told a bit about themselves and why they are interested in serving on the board.
• Minutes of the previous meeting approval. (ACTION)
Ellyn moved to approve the minutes of the March 2013 meeting. Approved unanimously.
• Claims for approval. (ACTION)
Warren moved to approve the April claims as presented. Approved unanimously.
• Financial. Trista reviewed the City March Trial Balance and the BYTD of both funds.
• Foundation. None
• Director. Trista went over the health insurance policy change, programming for the month of March, staff attendance at the MLA conference, activities for National Library and Volunteer Week, and upcoming conferences.
• Trustees. None.
UNFINISHED BUSINESS—10:00 AM
• Budget Draft. Trista went over the draft of the budget for Fiscal Year 2013-2014.
NEW BUSINESS—10:15 AM
• Year in Review Draft. Trista distributed a draft version of the Year in Review and asked for any input.
• Personnel Policy Update. (ACTION)
Trista went over an addition to the description section of our personnel policy which adds a substitute position. Carole moved to approve the updated personnel policy. Approved unanimously.
• Substitute Library Assistant Position Description. (ACTION)
Trista went over a new description for the position of substitute Library Assistant. Ellyn moved to approve the description. Pass unanimously.
• The next regular meeting will be May 16, 2013 at 9:00 AM in the library.
• Meeting adjourned.