• Chair Bob called the meeting to order at 9:05 am.
Trustees present: Bob Brophy, Ellyn Jones, Warren Neyenhuis, Bruce Weide
Staff present: Trista Smith, Library Director
• Adoption of the agenda. (ACTION)
Ellyn moved to adopt the agenda as written. Approved unanimously.
• Public comment: None.
• Minutes of the previous meeting approval. (ACTION)
Bruce moved to approve the minutes of the May 2012 meeting. Approved unanimously.
• Claims for approval. (ACTION)
Warren moved to approve the June claims as presented. Approved unanimously.
• Financial. Trista reviewed the City May Trial Balance and the BYTD of both funds.
• Foundation. None.
• Director. Trista reported on the receipt of $12,000 from the settlement of the Gerloff Trust. She went over outreach that was done in the month of May. She thanked the board for the opportunity to take a Drupal class through the Lifelong Learning Center and to go to Helena for the Director’s Institute. She explained that this fall the library will work on beautifying the grounds of the library. She also let them know that it was decided that moving of offices will be on hold until after the Summer Reading Program.
• Trustees. Warren reported on his trip to Big Fork for the Tamarack Federation meeting. Bob had another update on the ongoing lawsuit.
UNFINISHED BUSINESS—10:00 AM
NEW BUSINESS—10:15 AM
• Preliminary budget approval. (ACTION)
The board went over the preliminary budget. Bruce moved to approve the preliminary budget. Approved unanimously.
• Officers’ slate. Bruce nominated Bob for the Chair of the Board. It was suggested that the officers slate remain unchanged.
• Meeting room policy. (ACTION)
A slight change in the meeting room policy was presented to the board. Warren moved to approve the new meeting room policy. Approved unanimously.
• Legal Kiosk MOU approval. (ACTION)
A Memorandum of Understanding between the Bitterroot Public Library and Montana Legal Services for a Legal Kiosk in the library was presented. Warren moved to approve the MOU. Approved unanimously.
• The next regular meeting will be July 19th, 2012 at 9:00 AM in the library.
• Meeting adjourned.