• Chair Bob called the meeting to order at 9:06 am.
Trustees present: Bob Brophy, Ellyn Jones, Warren Neyenhuis, Carole Olson
Staff present: Trista Smith, Library Director
• Adoption of the agenda. (ACTION)
Trista asked that an addition of library closure be added to the New Business section of the agenda. Warren moved to adopt the agenda as amended. Approved unanimously.
• Public comment: None.
• Minutes of the previous meeting approval. (ACTION)
Ellyn moved to approve the minutes of the February 2013 meeting. Approved unanimously.
• Claims for approval. (ACTION)
Warren moved to approve the March claims as presented. Approved unanimously.
• Financial. Trista reviewed the City February Trial Balance and the BYTD of both funds.
• Foundation. The Foundation will be holding a community garage sale on Saturday, June 1st. They will also be having a meeting on Monday, April 8th to go over the list for the Fall Fund Drive.
• Director. Trista went over a possible change in Health Insurance providers. She shared programming stats. She discussed strategies and/or suggestions for recruitment of a new board member. She talked about what the library will be doing for National Library Week and National Volunteer Week. She talked about the library being short staffed during MLA and the possibility of adding a substitute position.
• Trustees. None.
UNFINISHED BUSINESS—10:00 AM
NEW BUSINESS—10:15 AM
• Closing the library at 5 pm on Wednesday, April 17th. (Action)
Due to being short staffed on Wednesday since staff will be attending the MLA preconference, Trista asked the board to approve a closure at 5 pm on this day. Warren moved to approve this closure. Approved unanimously.
• Budge draft. Trista distributed a draft of the next fiscal year’s budget. She went over any line items that may need to be changed for next year’s budget.
• The next regular meeting will be April 25, 2013 at 9:00 AM in the library.
• Meeting adjourned.