• Chair Bruce called the meeting to order at 9:05 am.
Trustees present: Bob Brophy, Nikki McConnell, Warren Neyenhuis, Bruce Weide
Staff present: Trista Smith, Library Director
• Adoption of the agenda. (ACTION)
Warren moved to adopt the agenda. Approved.
• Public comment: None
• Minutes of the previous meeting approval. (ACTION)
Bob moved to approve the minutes of the February 2013 meeting. Approved.
• Claims for approval. (ACTION)
Warren moved to approve the March claims as presented. Approved.
• Financial. Trista reviewed the City February Trial Balance and the BYTD of both funds.
• Foundation. None
• Director. Trista reported that the City of Hamilton would no longer be doing snow removal or lawn care for the library. She is collecting bids to see what this will cost the library. She is also getting bids together for improving or replacing the handicap access on the West side of the building. It was decided that an ad-hoc committee would be formed to handle the process. Since our Summer Reading Program is science themed and all of the board members have a background in science, the library is interested in doing a program highlighting our board’s experience and/or background with science. Trista will provide more details in April. The Montana Library Association conference is in April and the Montana Shared Catalog and Tamarack Federation meetings are in May. National Library Week is April 13th through April 19th. The library will be providing coffee, tea and cookies in the morning, food for fines and unveiling FOL Book Nooks that week.
UNFINISHED BUSINESS—10:00 AM
NEW BUSINESS—10:15 AM
• Audit Report. Bob moved to table the approval of the audit report for the April meeting so that each board member could look over the report. Approved.
• Behavior and Computer Use Policy. Warren moved to approve the Behavior and Computer Use Policy changes. Approved.
• Preliminary Budget discussion. Trista went over some preliminary budget numbers.
• The next regular meeting will be Thursday April 17, 2014 at 9:00 AM in the library.
• Meeting adjourned.