• Chair Bob called the meeting to order at 9:05 am.
Trustees present: Bob Brophy, Ellyn Jones, Carole Olson, Bruce Weide
Staff present: Trista Smith, Library Director
• Adoption of the agenda. (ACTION)
Ellyn moved to adopt the agenda as written. Approved unanimously.
• Public comment: None.
• Minutes of the previous meeting approval. (ACTION)
Carole moved to approve the minutes of the April 2012 meeting. Approved unanimously.
• Claims for approval. (ACTION)
Bruce moved to approve the May claims as presented. Approved unanimously.
• Financial. Trista reviewed the City April Trial Balance and the BYTD of both funds.
• Foundation. The Foundation garage sale fundraiser brought in about $1000. They are planning an event for next year.
• Director. Trista reported on the strategic planning session she had with the staff. She reported outreach provided by Nansu and Sally. She discussed the County Budget hearing. She went over the difference between an audit and an agreed upon procedures. She presented the board with the “thank you” notes left during National Library Week. She let the board know that the plaque on the bench out front will not be replaced. She explained that the library will be slightly short staffed this summer. She passed out the Year in Review. She also discussed some possible office reconfigurations.
• Trustees. Bob will be going to Federal Court in June to represent the library in an ongoing lawsuit.
UNFINISHED BUSINESS—10:00 AM
• Trustee Recommendations. Bruce agreed to do another term as Library Trustee. Trista will write letters of recommendation to both the City and County.
NEW BUSINESS—10:15 AM
• The next regular meeting will be June 21st, 2012 at 9:00 AM in the library.
• Meeting adjourned.