• Chair Bob called the meeting to order at 9:06 am.
Trustees present: Bob Brophy, Ellyn Jones, Warren Neyenhuis, Carole Olson, Bruce Weide
Staff present: Trista Smith, Library Director
• Adoption of the agenda. (ACTION)
Bruce moved to adopt the agenda. Approved unanimously.
• Public comment: Doug Snyder attended the meeting and expressed an interest in becoming a board member.
• Minutes of the previous meeting approval. (ACTION)
Warren moved to approve the minutes of the April 2013 meeting. Approved unanimously.
• Claims for approval. (ACTION)
Carole moved to approve the May claims as presented. Approved unanimously.
• Financial. Trista reviewed the City April Trial Balance and the BYTD of both funds.
• Foundation. The garage sale will be held on Saturday, June 1st.
• Director. Trista discussed some recent conferences, including MLA annual conference and the MSC spring meeting. She talked about recent programming activity, preparing for the Summer Reading Program and beginning the process of hiring a substitute Library Assistant.
• Trustees. None.
UNFINISHED BUSINESS—10:00 AM
• Year in Review. Trista presented the finalized Year in Review to the board.
NEW BUSINESS—10:15 AM
• Trustee Recommendation. The board discussed possible trustees for the upcoming vacancy. It was decided that Trista will talk with the interested parties and then draft a letter to the City for their approval.
• The next regular meeting will be June 20, 2013 at 9:00 AM in the library.
• Meeting adjourned.