BITTERROOT PUBLIC LIBRARY
BOARD OF TRUSTEES
October 21, 2010
• Chair Bob called the meeting to order at 9:06 am.
Trustees present: Bob Brophy, Ellyn Jones, Bruce Weide
Staff present: Trista Smith, Library Director
• Adoption of the agenda. (ACTION)
Moved by Bruce to adopt the agenda as written. Approved unanimously.
• Public comment: None
• Minutes of the previous meeting approval. (ACTION)
Moved by Ellyn to adopt the September 2010 minutes as written. Approved unanimously.
• Claims for October approval. (ACTION)
Moved by Bruce to adopt the claims for October. Approved unanimously.
Trista reviewed the City September Trial Balance and BYTD of both funds.
Lyric Opera: Gross $6,000. Foundation account balance: $420,000.
See attached sheet.
• Trustees. None
UNFINISHED BUSINESS—10:00 AM
• Internet Policy approval. (ACTION)
NEW BUSINESS—10:15 AM
• Behavior Policy approval. (ACTION)
• Christmas holiday closures and staff Christmas party. (ACTION)
Library will be closed at 3 day before Thanksgiving and Thanksgiving
Library will be closed at 3 day before Christmas and closed on Christmas
Bruce moved to adopt the holiday schedule. Approved unanimously.
Grant opportunities were discussed. It was agreed that the library would attempt to get more grants.
• Exposure via service clubs.
The benefit of being involved with local service groups was discussed.
• The Big Read.
The board is interested in having the library participate in The Big Read.
• The next regular meeting will be Thursday, November 18, 2010 at 9:00 AM in the library.
• Meeting adjourned.10:00