BITTERROOT PUBLIC LIBRARY
BOARD OF TRUSTEES
May 19, 2016
OPENING – 9:00 a.m.
• Chair Bruce called the meeting to order at 9:10 a.m.
Trustees present: Rick Fuhrman, Warren Neyenhuis, Nikki McConnell, Carole Olson, and Bruce Weide.
Staff present: Mark Wetherington, Library Director.
• Adoption of the agenda. The agenda was approved unanimously.
• Public Comment: No members of the public were present to comment.
• Minutes of the previous meeting. (ACTION) Warren made a motion to accept the previous minutes, Nikki seconded, approved unanimously.
• Claims for approval. (ACTION) Warren moved to approve the May claims as presented, Carole seconded the motion, approved unanimously.
The cash balance, expenditures and revenue for the year-to-date were reviewed.
Jennifer Cote, auditor, provided an in-depth discussion of the library’s recent audit and the library’s finances. There were no significant findings or issues noted, it was a “clean” audit.
The director presented basic statistics (circulation, programming, etc.) related to the library’s operations in April. The director also discussed the MSC spring meeting, the hiring of two substitute library assistants, the recent presentation to the county commissioners, and the upcoming Tamarack Federation meeting.
Trustee terms were discussed. Trustees thanked Mark and Nansu for their work during the period of the audit that resulted in a clean audit being delivered.
Roof Extension Project – review of quotes
Dave Schlechten, architect, provided the board with a review of the quotes for construction and answered questions and concerns presented to him by the board. After clarification of various items, the board was satisfied that they had fair and accurate information to make a decision. Nikki made a motion to accept the bid for the roof extension project provided by Tamarack Construction, Warren Neyenhuis seconded the motion. Approved unanimously.
FY16-17 Budget Discussion
The budget for the upcoming fiscal year was discussed and a preliminary budget will be presented for consideration at the June board meeting.
• Next Meeting Date
The next meeting of the library board is scheduled for June 16th, 2016 at 9 a.m. in the library.