BITTERROOT PUBLIC LIBRARY
BOARD OF TRUSTEES
February 18, 2016
OPENING – 9:00 a.m.
• Board chair Bruce called the meeting to order at 9:10 a.m.
Trustees present: Rick Fuhrman, Warren Neyenhuis, Carole Olson, Bruce Weide and Nikki McConnell.
Staff present: Mark Wetherington, Library Director.
• Adoption of the agenda. The agenda was approved unanimously.
• Public Comment: No members of the public were present to comment.
• Minutes of the previous meeting. (ACTION) Warren made a motion to accept the previous minutes, Rick seconded, approved unanimously.
• Claims for approval. (ACTION) Warren moved to approve the January claims as presented, Rick seconded the motion, approved unanimously.
The cash balance, expenditures and revenue for the year-to-date were reviewed.
The director presented basic statistics (circulation, programming, etc.) related to the library’s operations in January. The director also discussed the library’s audit, building projects, a recent air quality irritation incident, the approval of the library’s PERS application, and the library’s upcoming receipt of an award at the Bitterroot Valley Chamber of Commerce Banquet.
Warren mentioned having passed along his thanks to Karen Mahar, city attorney, for her support of the library.
Preliminary Roof Drawing
Architect Dave Schlechten presented the preliminary drawing of the roof over the ramp on the west side of the library. Dave addressed various aspects of the roof’s construction and answered questions from the library board. Rick made a motion to approve the concept and preliminary drawings as presented by Dave, Warren seconded the motion. Approved unanimously.
Proposed FY15-16 Budget Amendments
Actual and anticipated expenditures beyond the appropriated amounts in various line items were discussed. No motions were made.
• Next Meeting Date
The next meeting of the library board is scheduled for Thursday, March 10, 2016 at 9 a.m. The meeting will be held in the Ravalli County Extension Office.
Meeting adjourned by Bruce.