• Chair Bob called the meeting to order at 9:05 am.
Trustees present: Bob Brophy, Ellyn Jones, Warren Neyenhuis, Bruce Weide
Staff present: Trista Smith, Library Director
• Adoption of the agenda. (ACTION)
Ellyn moved to adopt the agenda as written. Approved unanimously.
• Public comment: None.
• Minutes of the previous meeting approval. (ACTION)
Bruce moved to approve the minutes of the November 2011 meeting. Approved unanimously.
• Claims for December approval. (ACTION)
Ellyn moved to approve the December claims as presented. Approved unanimously.
Trista reviewed the City November Trial Balance and the BYTD of both funds.
• Foundation. None.
Trista went over library events from December including the Fall Fund Drive, which has brought in $7990 so far. A representative from the State Library will be doing a Library Law seminar on January 25th, at the Darby Community Public Library and all of the trustees have been invited. Trista has secured an Employee Identification Number for the library and will be receiving a letter from the IRS confirming our tax status. This was done to ease financial transactions. Trista informed the board that she compiled information for the lawyers in our currently pending lawsuit.
• Trustees. None.
UNFINISHED BUSINESS—10:00 AM
NEW BUSINESS—10:15 AM
• Director’s Evaluation. Each trustee will fill out the evaluation form and place it in the manila envelope in the trustee box. Bob will compile the results and the evaluation will be done at the next meeting.
• Employee Hours. Bruce moved to allow the library to offer more hours to our current employees due to the approaching leave of one employee. Approved unanimously.
• Retention Policy. Bruce moved to approve the Retention Policy as presented. Approved unanimously.
• The next regular meeting will be January 19th, 2011 at 9:00 AM in the library.
• Meeting adjourned.