BITTERROOT PUBLIC LIBRARY
BOARD OF TRUSTEES
September 14, 2016
OPENING – 12:30 p.m.
- Vice-chair Nikki called the meeting to order at 12:35 p.m.
Trustees present: Nikki McConnell, Brittany McKenzie and Carole Olson.
Staff present: Mark Wetherington, Library Director.
- Adoption of the agenda. The agenda was adopted as presented.
- Public Comment: No members of the public were present to comment.
- Minutes of the previous meeting. (ACTION) Carole made a motion to accept the previous minutes, Brittany seconded, approved unanimously.
- Claims for approval. (ACTION) Brittany moved to approve the September claims as presented, Carole seconded the motion, approved unanimously.
The cash balance, expenditures and revenue for the fiscal year through the end of August were reviewed.
The director presented basic statistics (circulation, programming, etc.) related to the library’s operations in August. The director also noted the library had purchased access to databases through Gale, the progress of the roof extension project, a project to install a book exchange (“Little Free Library” in River Park), statistics related to the library’s Interlibrary Loan service, and the addition of a projector and scanner to the library’s collection.
Brief discussion of trustee availability in the coming weeks.
Personnel Policy – Training
It was proposed that the sentence “For travel occurring outside of regularly scheduled work hours, nonexempt employees shall be compensated at their regular wage” be added to the “Training” section of the library’s personnel policy. Carole made a motion to approve, Brittany seconded the motion.
Trustee Vacancy – Interviews
Two candidates for the vacant trustee position were interviewed by the board.
- Next Meeting Date
- The next regular meeting of the library board is scheduled for October20, 2016 at 9 a.m. in the library.